Sunday, January 24, 2010

a failing story

So today I decided to go to my local wal mart today to pick up some McDonalds.. Yum. While I was there my brother suggested that we should get locks for our rooms (home home, and yes, our rooms do not have locks), so I agreed and he bought a set of 2 door knob with locks. $25 for 2, not bad. At the moment, only my parents' room and my sister's room have locks on the knobs, and I was pretty excited because finally I could do my business without being paranoid all the time. :) So as we got home, my brother quickly took out his old door knob and installed the new one with ease, I watched him, it was a piece of cake.



It was this baby.

Soon after, my brother had to go out with his friends and told me to install it myself. Okay, no problem! So after dinner I did some MSE reading and got bored and figured why not install the door knob/lock now. I unscrewed my old knock and placed my new one in. Easy. I'm an engineer afterall.

So I closed the door, did my little bit of reading and needed to pee. But what the fuck. The door knob won't turn. Fuck!! I need to pee! So I had to hold it in my piss while unscrewing all the screws on the door knob. Luckily I didn't drink that much water so it was all cool, as I finished my business in the washroom I proceeded to debugging stage. I was playing with it for 30 minutes and still couldn't get the door knob to turn.. I even youtube'd 'How to get door knobs to turn', the person in the video had the same door knob as me and I did exactly the same things as her and it still doesn't work! My sister saw me youtubing the 'How to' video with the door knob pieces in my hands and laughed hysterically at me. "To think you were in Engineering."

Well.. In the end I gave up. I failed. I'm in Engineering and I can't put a door knob together which consisted of 3 pieces... Back to reading textbooks, hands-on stuff clearly isnt for me.

FML

2 comments:

  1. it's okay, us engineers just aren't set out, think of it like girls; in theory we thrive, in practice we fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. at least you got it onto the door... i probably wouldn't have gotten that far.

    ReplyDelete