I was making dinner today, which by the way ended up being incredibly tasty, considering it was made by me. I don't know what to call it, but it had eggplant, onions, chicken, celery, and CURRY :D . I guess that doesn't sound as good as it looks... but you can trust me when i say it will go down in the book of Justin's Culinary History as a dinner legend.
Anyhow, as i was cooking (it's funny how Allan making a sandwhich starts his blogs, and me cooking starts my blogs. Food on the mind) it occurred to me how wrongly named eggplant is. Just think, if you were a person who was new to the english language, and you heard the word eggplant, i know you would automatically think of some kind of plant that expels eggs, or tastes like eggs, or looks like an egg, or a plant in which other animals expel their eggs. But as we all have come to be disappointed in learning, it does not a single one of these implied functions. I would really like to know who named eggplants, eggplants, and why they would have been possessed to do such a thing. I would give them a piece of my mind. And then a piece of my eggplant. And maybe some eggplant curry D:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment